Top Dog
2534 Durant Ave(between Bowditch St & Telegraph Ave)
Berkeley, CA 94704
http://www.topdoghotdogs.com/
- Eated: Lemon Chicken
- Pros: Excellent Eats, Unique varieties, Grill (not boil) their dogs
- Cons: Parking (college town, some lots a block down)
- Price: $3.00
After seeing the yelp reviews and friends that went to Cal reccommended, I knew I had to stop by this place if I am in Berekely. I had to park in one of those lots $1/hr, and walked right one over. It's a small establishment with about 4 stools to sit and a line that extends out the door. Only one guy works behind the counter to take your order, cook, and handle your cash. As you walk in the smell of dogs grilling fill your nose and the unique menu makes it hard to decide which one to go with. On the grill he's stacked up rows of all kinds of dogs to quickly serve his patrons. There's a self serve bar complete with deli mustard, regular mustard, ketchup, chopped onions, relish, and sauerkraut. The walls are plastered with cut outs of comics and there's an old tv that was flickering playing the adam's family to keep you entertained while waiting for him to cook up your dogs.
I decided to order the Lemon Chicken. I had to wait a little while. Most of the other patrons ordered the top dog and the hot link (I'll try next time). The chicken took longer to cook because it has to be fully cooked. He called out our order and I topped my chicken dog with deli mustard, relish, onions, saurkraut and ketchup mmm. The chicken dog laid happily inside a toasted seasame roll. As I bit into it, I smiled. The lemon, garlic, chicken flavor melted into my mouth. I love bread and this had a french bread feel to it, not sure if it is or not. BUT I LOVE the roll, some may complain that its too hard because typically you have a soft roll with your hot dog. This is my favorite place to eat when visiting Berkeley.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
|
Labels:
Berkeley
|
1 comments:
lemon chicken is the best!!!
Post a Comment