Vicious Dogs in NoHo


5231 Lankershim Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
  • Eated: Chicago Dog & Seasoned French Fries
  • Pro: Good Eats, Clean, Friendly Service
  • Cons: Parking (street or metered lot around the corner on Magnolia)
  • Price: $

What a delicious treat to bestow upon prior to a sketch comedy show in NoHo. Nestled on Lankershiem (near Pitfire Pizza and Tokyo Delves) this local dive is where any weiner lover should try if you're in the area. It's not a fairly large place some tables and a counter (bar style). The menu had various dogs from Chicago style to Veggie, so it even caters to the non-carnivores who are curious about this place. As I contemplated what to get - I knew I only could get one dog because I had a late dinner that night and a hot dog was perfect to hold me over.

I ordered the Chicago dog and seasoned fries. Granted I have never been to Chicago to know if it is comparable, I did see an episode on FoodNetwork about the craft behind an original Chicago Dog. And there it was as the manager brought it to our table perfectly presented - poppy seed bun, vienna beef dog, mustard, neon green relish, chopped sweet onions, slices of tomato, pickle spear, and two mini peppers! He grilled the beef dog so it was slightly blackened (big plus) and the dog was meaty, plump, and oh so juicy. The poppy seed bun was warm and soft and held all the goods in place. And then...the greatest addition to the chicago dog were those SEASONED Fries. And mind you they weren't just fries that they sprinkled with seasoned salt, these were seasoned perfectly. As you bite the crispy exterior the fluffy potato goodness inside explodes into your mouth. If you ever had Rally's fries they are quite similar. Needless to say my tastebuds were happy and I will definitely be back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers